Job description for Parent Governor
Parent Governor vacancy
We are seeking a parent to join our hardworking team of governors at Carclaze School as soon as possible.
- Are you passionate about improving education for all?
- Are you willing to ask questions?
- Can you communicate effectively with others and value the contribution of people who may hold alternative views?
- Are you open to new ideas and willing to learn?
- Can you commit time to attending meetings and visiting the school?
School governors are people who want to make a positive contribution to children's education. Governors are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and have an important part to play in raising school standards.
The role of the governing board is absolutely key to the effectiveness of a school. Governors support the school through support and challenge and help set the vision and strategic direction of the school; hold the Head Teacher to account over the School’s performance and monitor the Teaching and Learning within the school.
We look forward to hearing from anyone who is interested and can make a positive contribution to our school.
If you have further questions about the role, please don’t hesitate to come forward and ask the school. If you would like to apply for the role, please download the application form and tell us in writing what you can offer as a parent governor.